Purpose of the role:
To provide additional exercise to dogs in our care looking this will be in the form of Dog walking and some off lead play time. Working with the animal care team to provide exercise for dogs in our care, you will work with the rehoming team to ensure each dogs individual needs are met.
Assistant animal welfare manager
Animal welfare supervisor
- Take dogs on walks around site, with the potential to take some dogs off site once confident
- Play with dogs in our designated enclosed areas – both indoor and outdoor
- Ensure each dogs individual needs are met when walking
- Cleaning up after each dog you walk
- Reporting any concerns – behaviour or medical- as soon as possible to the appropriate people
- Basic grooming such as brushing may be done with the dogs, only with dogs this has been deemed possible to do so.
- Some dogs have behaviour issues and require you to follow instructions when handling and working with them, you must be willing to follow training instructions and guidance provided by our arrivals team
We have volunteer positions available on weekday afternoons, between 12 and 5
Skills and qualifications:
- We do not need you to have qualifications for this position but do ask you have experience of walking dogs, either personal or professional
- A willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
- An understanding that each dogs individual needs must be met, and any walking instructions should be followed
Please note you must be aged 18 or over to volunteer.
Only successful applicants will be contacted
If you are interested in this volunteer position please fill out the form below