Newcastle Dog & Cat Shelter are growing and developing every year and this exciting new role will allow the right person to grow with the charity and become an integral part of the team.
We are looking for a Community Engagement Officer with experience of communicating with a wide variety of audiences and building long-term partnerships. The successful applicant will work within our friendly and passionate fundraising team to help raise funds to keep the charity running and to help many more animals in need across the North East.
You will be responsible for maintaining and developing current partnerships as well as establishing and building new partnerships within the local community. You will also assist at our on-site and off-site events and assist with our corporate volunteering programme where necessary.
As you will be a friendly, outgoing person with a passion for our cause, you will always strive to engage with people to raise public awareness & gain public support.
A full clean UK driving licence is required.
This role will be working a 37.5-hour week on a rota including weekends and evenings. Some late-night working may also be required for events.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract with the potential for the role to become permanent for the right candidate.
Salary circa £20,500 per annum.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Build relationships within the community (schools, community groups, care homes, businesses etc) as well as maintain and elevate existing relationships
- Be the point of contact for all of our partnered supermarkets ensuring the relationship between us is maintained and strengthened
- Support the shelters work with solicitors and probate offices to promote gifts in Wills
- Create and schedule social media posts and engage with supporters on our social media channels
- Raising funds and public awareness through talks to community groups & hosting group visits
- Build public support for the shelters and put out any special appeals as and when the need arises, including thanking the public and organisations for their donations
- Provide assistance at shelter events when necessary
- Assist with answering telephone calls and emails
- Undertake any training/development opportunities in order to fulfil the requirements of the post
- Any other duties which arise during the course of your employment or as deemed necessary by senior management for the development and success of the shelter.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Beth here.
To apply, please submit a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is 14th April with first interviews taking place week commencing 17th April.