Purpose of the role:
To help with the organisation of our storage areas, including food, bedding and overflow storage areas. Assist in moving any donations into the correct storage areas, and sort any donations to ensure they are usable. Rotate food stock to ensure all food is usable and within date. Help keep site clean and tidy and animal blocks stocked to appropriate levels with food, bedding and consumables. This role will include a lot of heavy lifting, moving and handling so will require a good level of physical fitness
Animal welfare manager
- Sort donations received to ensure donations are of good quality and usable
- Organise stores to ensure food is usable and in date
- Arrange storage areas for bedding and locks to make sure the bedding is usable and organised for ease of use and access.
- Help in moving and donations or stock to the relevant areas ensuring they are stored to meet health and safety standards
- Assist in general cleaning and tidying of communal site areas
We have volunteer positions available 7 days per week form 9am to 6pm
Skills and qualifications:
- We do not need you to have qualifications for this position, you must be willing to complete a Manual Handling Awareness course upon accepting this volunteer position.
- An understanding of health and safety guidelines would be beneficial
- A willingness to work outside in all weather conditions is essential
Please note you must be aged 18 or over to volunteer.
Only successful applicants will be contacted
If you are interested in this volunteer position please fill out the form below