Events & Partnerships Coordinator
Newcastle Dog & Cat Shelter are growing and developing every year and this exciting new role will allow the right person to grow with the charity and become an integral part of the team.
We are looking for an Events & Partnerships Coordinator with experience of organising events and building corporate partnerships. The successful applicant will work within our friendly and passionate fundraising team to help raise funds to keep the charity running and to help many more animals in need across the North East.
You will handle events from start to finish and liaise with relevant stakeholders in the process ensuring you report on income and expenditure for each event. You will organise and execute corporate volunteer days, identify and create new corporate partnerships whilst strengthening current ones.
As you will be a friendly, outgoing person with a passion for our cause, you will always strive to engage with people to raise public awareness & gain public support.
This role will require a full clean UK driving licence.
This role will be working a 37.5-hour week on a rota including weekends and evenings. Some late-night working will also be required due to the nature of this role.
Salary circa £19,500 per annum.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Develop the Events & Corporate Partnerships programme
- Manage our challenge events calendar and develop this increase funds raised
- Maximise the potential of current events and corporate programmes
- Nurture and develop relationships with schools, community groups etc, attending off site talks and arranging on site tours
- Be the point of contact for all of our partnered supermarkets ensuring the relationship between us is maintained and strengthened
- Create new material for our social channels, primarily for LinkedIn and the charity website, specifically posts for the blog
- Raising funds and public awareness through talks to community groups & hosting group visits
- Build public support for the shelters and put out any special appeals as and when the need arises, including thanking the public and organisations for their donations
- Keep accurate records relating to Events and Corporate Partnerships, including income and expenditure, licenses, collections etc.
- Represent the shelter at relevant external events
- Participate in and offer full support to all fundraising, events and media activities
- Recruit, train and manage a team of Event and Fundraising volunteers
- Undertake any training/development opportunities in order to fulfil the requirements of the post
- Any other duties which arise during the course of your employment or as deemed necessary by senior management for the development and success of the shelter.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Beth or Rachael by emailing us here.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter here. Applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is Friday 24th June with first interviews taking place week commencing 27th June.