- Have a desire to provide great customer service?
- Enjoy working in a team and motivating others?
- Come to work each day to be the best you can be?
- Want to share your knowledge and experience to help others?
Then this new Community Fundraiser role might be just what you’re looking for.
Newcastle Dog & Cat Shelter are growing and developing every year and this exciting new role will allow the right person to grow with the charity and become an integral part of the team.
We are looking for someone with the following essential skills.
- Highly motivated and with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A proven track record in fundraising, sales or an income generating role.
- Experienced at building effective relationships and developing opportunities with key community stakeholders.
- Experience of working closely with volunteers including recruitment, training and motivation.
- Experience of presenting to large groups.
- A willingness to travel and work unsocial hours including weekends, early mornings and late evenings.
- A flexible and pragmatic attitude with high levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to remain efficient under pressure.
- Strong networking skills.
- A full clean driving license, a charity vehicle is provided for work mileage.
Send your CV, covering letter and a short video clip telling us about yourself to email@example.com.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview, due to the high level of applications expected, if you do not hear from us then unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.
Salary dependant on skills & experience.
RESPONSIBLE FOR ORGANISING COMMUNITY EVENTS, BUILDING COMMUNITY RELATIONS, GENERATING INCOME & SUPPORT
- TO ENSURE THE SHELTER IS OPERATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH RELEVANT LEGISLATION (HEALTH & SAFETY, EMPLOYMENT ETC) AND REPORTING MATTERS OF CONSEQUENCE TO SENIOR MANAGEMENT ON A DAILY BASIS.
- ACHIEVE AND REPORT ON AGREED FINANCIAL TARGETS.
- DEVELOP A NETWORK OF CONTACTS AND KEY SUPPORTERS WITHIN THE REGION WHO WILL SUPPORT FUNDRAISING EVENTS & ACTIVITIES.
- BE AN EXCELLENT AMBASSADOR FOR THE CHARITY BY PROACTIVELY NETWORKING, ACCEPTING FACE TO FACE DONATIONS, DELIVERING PRESENTATIONS, ARRANGING DISPLAYS AND ORGANISING INFORMATION STANDS.
- ORGANISE AND MANAGE THE CHARITY’S PRESENCE AT COMMUNITY EVENTS/FUNCTIONS AND ENSURE APPROPRIATE FUNDRAISER OR VOLUNTEER PRESENCE AS REQUIRES.
- CARRY OUT EVENT RISK ASSESSMENTS, ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION AND REPORTS (INCLUDING NEAR MISSES). REPORTING ANY CONCERNS TO SENIOR MANAGEMENT.
- ORGANISE COMMUNITY EVENTS TO GENERATE INCOME FOR THE SHELTER.
- BUILD RELATIONS WITHIN THE COMMUNITY TO GENERATE SUPPORT FOR THE SHELTER.
- RECRUIT, TRAIN AND MANAGE A TEAM OF FUNDRAISING AND EVENT VOLUNTEERS.
- MANAGE YOUR OWN DIARY, ENSURING EFFECTIVE TIME MANAGEMENT, GIVING A BALANCE BETWEEN BEING IN THE COMMUNITY AND ADMINISTRATION TIME WITHIN THE OFFICE.
- KEEP ACCURATE RECORDS RELATING TO EVENTS, INCLUDING INCOME & EXPENDITURE, LICENSES, COLLECTIONS ETC.
- ASSIST WITH STAFF ROTA’S AND ORGANISING HOLIDAY COVER TO ENSURE THE SHELTER AND EVENTS ARE ALWAYS FULLY MANNED.
- DEAL WITH ANY CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS RECEIVED AT EVENTS AND REPORT ANY COMPLAINTS RECEIVED TO SENIOR MANAGERS AND IF NECESSARY, INVESTIGATE AND REPORT FINDINGS TO HEAD OFFICE TO ALLOW A PROMPT AND INFORMED RESPONSE.
- MONITOR INCOME AND EXPENDITURE AND OFFER INPUT INTO INCREASING INCOME AND/OR REDUCING EXPENDITURE DURING MANAGEMENT MEETINGS.
- PARTICIPATE AND OFFER FULL SUPPORT TO ALL FUNDRAISING EVENTS AND MEDIA ACTIVITIES.
- ANY OTHER DUTIES WHICH ARISE DURING THE COURSE OF YOUR EMPLOYMENT OR AS DEEMED NECESSARY BY SENIOR MANAGEMENT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND SUCCESS OF THE SHELTER.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO DEPUTY CEO.